The WA Exceptionally Complex Support Needs (ECSN) team can provide professionals and providers working with people with disabilities with peer support or consultation relevant to planning or delivering services for participants with exceptionally complex support needs who are experiencing crisis, or at risk of entering a crisis situation.
This can be accessed via three different pathways.
- You can contact us via phone or through our email email@example.com. If your peer support need is urgent, we will seek an appropriate person with relevant expertise from within ECSN or from within the disability sector to respond to you asap
- You can request a consultation with a panel of professionals from the ECSN program and the disability sector.
You can access support from a panel of sector peers with relevant expertise by completing the referral below.
On receiving the referral, a panel of sector peers with experience in this area will then be convened to assist with the consultation. Consultation is a free and confidential service at no cost to the referrer or the participant.
To be eligible for this assistance, referrals must be in relation to NDIS participants with exceptionally complex support needs who may be experiencing crisis, or at risk of entering a crisis situation. Participants who meet the criteria are likely to be experiencing one or more of the following:
- Multiple and complex support needs where their formal and informal supports are at risk;
- Regular poor interactions and outcomes with mainstream health, emergency and/or justice services;
- Illness, unexpected or unavoidable loss of capability in existing caring arrangements where a participant is unable to enact existing short-term arrangements or in-house supports;
- Deterioration in behaviour that creates a risk to the person or others and that requires a disability related support need, as compared to a clinical mental health or law and order response; and/or
- An escalation in vulnerability to significant harm from abuse or neglect.
Panel members will be convened with current panel members representing expertise across:
- Working with complex families and advocacy
- Cultural considerations
- Justice interface
- Psychosocial considerations
- Housing and accommodation
- Behaviour support
- Health and related complex needs
- This form is not to be used to refer to other Nulsen Group services such as Therapy or Support Coordination Services.
- If you are having difficulties lodging the form online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0419 322 499 to talk to an ECSN team member.